Saturday, January 28, 2012


What is in a song? How do you choose the wedding song that will be the intro to your new life as Mr. & Mrs.? Is it your “song” as you were a couple? Is it a traditional wedding song? Or is it a totally new song that you came up with while you were engaged? My husband and I were married six years ago, and dated for ten years before that. There were many songs that came in and out of our relationship. When we first started dating, we were fifteen years old and picked a popular song at that time for our song, “I Can Love You Like That” by All for One. From then we had other songs that came to have special meanings like “Amazed” by Lone Star. When it came time to choose a wedding song, we had a tough decision to make. We did not want to pick “I Can Love You Like That” because we felt it was a childish song and not right for us anymore….we did not want to pick “Amazed” cause it was a popular wedding song at the time and we wanted a song for us. After searching, my husband-to-be came home with the perfect song, “You and Me” by Lifehouse. This was not a highly popular song at the time and the words were perfect. At the wedding, the beat of this elody was heaven to my ears as we danced as husband and wife. Today, six years later, when I hear that song; I am right back on that dance floor in my wedding dress dancing with my husband.
Make sure when you choose a wedding song, you pick something that will never go out of style and you will never get tired of hearing.
Here are the Top 10 Wedding Songs of 2011
1. Everything by Michael Buble
2. Let’s Stay Together by Al Green
3. At Last by Etta James
4. Amazed by Lonestar
5. Make You Feel My Love by Adele
6. Greatest Day by Take That
7. (I’ve Had) the time of my life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (from Dirty Dancing)
8. One Day Like This by Elbow
9. Better Together by Jack Johnson
10. You’re the First, the Last, My Everything by Barry White

No comments:

Post a Comment